AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 10, 2005 06:53PM
I was trying to look at the activation within an ROI and the activation map does not seem to correspond to the output of 3dmaskave. I used 3dmaskave to calculate the number of active voxels within an ROI:

3dmaskave -mask ROI_allHipp_R+tlrc -drange .01 1000 Patterns_act1+tlrc

and the output was 123 voxels. However, when I visually compared Patterns_act1 to the ROI I could not see where the overlap occurred. The activation map was calculated using:

3dmerge -1thresh 6.21 -1clust 5.2 90 -1dindex 6 -1tindex 8 -prefix Patterns_act1 Patterns.buc+orig
adwarp -apar SPGR+tlrc -dpar Patterns_act1+orig

To view the overlap I used 3dcalc:
3dcalc -a ROI_allHipp_R+tlrc -b Patterns_act1+tlrc -prefix overlap -exp "step(a)+(2*step(b))"

When I viewed the results in AFNI the overlap areas in overlap+tlrc (values = 3) did not correspond with active areas in the activation map (the voxel value in Patterns_act1+tlrc was 0 while the value in overlap+tlrc was 3). The same thing happens if I just apply a step function to the activation map. I am not sure why a voxel is listed as Func=0 in Patterns_act1 but once a step function is applied it goes to one, unless the resampling during the Talairach transformation gave the voxel a value slightly greater than zero (although the afni widget still lists the voxel as 0).

Subject Author Posted

3dmaskave and 3dcalc

Greg Harrington January 10, 2005 06:53PM

Re: 3dmaskave and 3dcalc

rick reynolds January 11, 2005 12:26PM

Greg Harrington January 11, 2005 01:38PM

rick reynolds January 11, 2005 02:35PM

Greg Harrington January 11, 2005 03:45PM