AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 11, 2005 12:59PM
Good Morning

I'm writing just to clarify a few things before I attempt to compile AFNI or upgrade our systems.

-------->The last response regarding this is as follows, dated 2/16/05
Unfortunately, linux_glibc22 will no longer be available. The last computer that I had access to at the NIH that used that old platform has been upgraded very recently. You will either have to see if linux_gcc32 will run on your system, upgrade your system, or compile from the source code.

bob cox

1) We have been running AFNI using linux_glibc22 and have Red Hat release 7.3.

The instructions for getting linux_gcc32 state that we need Red Hat 8.0 or higher.....so we can't do that unless we upgrade our system.

Also the instructions state that I need Red Hat 8.0 or higher for compiling linux_glibc22 --so this isn't a possibility either.

We are STILL looking into upgrading our system.

2) Alternatively --- we were thinking we could run AFNI from our Mac OS X 2.8 (G4) --but that sounds like a headache being that our data would still remain on the linux system.

---------->Your instructions as of 3/9/05:
you should be able to export a
filesystem on your linux workstation, and then remotely mount it
from your Mac workstation. So the mac could see the exported
directory, as if it were part of the mac's disk. A system administrator
should be able to do this for you
-rick

This is all in an effort to get access to the '-mask_f2short' option of 3dROIstats. Getting a system upgrade is proving to be more challenging than we had hoped, and I'm fairly intimidated by these alternatives! My question is pretty much this:

The above is what I understand about our operating systems and the available AFNI packages, given that you know HEAPS more about all this stuff, I wanted to ask how you would proceed? (assuming we cannot get a system upgrade any time soon!!)

Hope this was clear
Thanks again
j9
Subject Author Posted

Compiling AFNI

Jennine March 11, 2005 12:59PM

Re: Compiling AFNI

rick reynolds March 11, 2005 02:24PM

Jennine March 11, 2005 03:17PM

Jennine March 11, 2005 03:30PM