AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 23, 2005 10:04PM
I am a little confused as to the function of the censor column. My understanding of the censor column is if it has a one in it, this means the signal for this timepoint will be included in the analysis otherwise it won't if a zero value is there instead. But I am little confused on how this affects the baseline. It has been stated that when the censor has a value of zero then by default 3dDeconvolve will include this timepoint in the baseline? I don't know if I am making sense but I will illustrate an example and I hope someone will clear my confusion.

Say we have 2 conditions..

c1 c2 censor

0 0 0

0 0 0

1 0 0

0 1 1

0 0 1

So what is the difference between each line and how is it interpreted in 3dDeconvolve?

Will the first two rows be included in the baseline or will the first three and the last one be in the baseline instead?

How is baseline based on the above examples specified if my baseline is a rest?

Only when I clear these issues will I understand why I am losing frontal activation when I try to run my analysis in a different way.

Sorry if this is a redundant question but it is also one that is the source of alot of confusion.

Thank you

butterfly.
Subject Author Posted

baseline and censor

butterfly April 23, 2005 10:04PM

Re: baseline and censor

Rich Hammett April 24, 2005 02:29PM

Re: baseline and censor

Robert Cox April 25, 2005 09:26AM