AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 29, 2005 04:14PM
hi everyone!

i was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem. i have two sets of anatomical images in AFNI, each of which are corregistered in space to an untouched functional dataset.

i've done lots of analyses on these data and found different peak activations in different areas that are of interest to me.

i'd now like to take all these different datasets i have and output them to SPM. to do this with the functional images, i've been using 3dAFNItoANALYZE, and it's been working great as far as I can tell. I ran into some problems when using the same program (3dAFNItoANALYZE) for my anatomical images:

1) the anatomical images seemed to have a different coordinate system in SPM than they had in AFNI. this is troubling for me because i have coordinates from AFNI for my peak activations and i don't want to "lose" these points after talairaching, etc., in SPM. is there a way to copy over a coordinate system (or dx, dy, dz and an origin i suppose) when converting AFNI images to SPM?

2) all three image sets, though very well coregistered in AFNI (i coregistered by hand) are quite a bit different from each other (in space) in SPM. why would this be? is this tied into my coordinate system problem?

thanks so much!

arul
Subject Author Posted

AFNI --> SPM (coordinates)

Arul Thangavel April 29, 2005 04:14PM

Re: AFNI --> SPM (coordinates)

Rich Hammett April 29, 2005 07:22PM