AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 04, 2005 11:12AM
I really like the DTI tools. I have not come across any "empty" FA voxels with this method, which I think is related to nonlinear estimation of eigenvalues. This is an improvement over the linear estimation method.

I am really interested in the weighting factor, as you note that it could be used for QC. I haven't had a chance to fully dive into this yet, though.

The output of the individual tensor components is very helpful since I export these to a second program for fiber mapping.

The automask feature works very well for the most part. There have been minor issues in areas with high suscept. artifact, but this is related to issues outside the realm of the current program.

If additional features are to be considered, it might be nice to have trace automatically calculated, which is simple to do (bucket #19, perhaps!).

Also, integrated 12 parameter affine (or other relevant method) ecc would be a nice future addition.

That is all I can think of right now. All in all, I have nothing but positive feedback.

Brian

Subject Author Posted

creating multi sub-brik DTI datasets using to3d/3dbucket

Brian Schweinsburg May 04, 2005 02:59AM

Re: creating multi sub-brik DTI datasets using to3d/3dbucket

rick reynolds May 04, 2005 08:45AM

Robert Cox May 04, 2005 08:58AM

Brian Schweinsburg May 04, 2005 10:24AM

Robert Cox May 04, 2005 10:37AM