AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 22, 2005 08:31PM
So far I'm thinking that I can create a surface patch (of ROI labeled 100) like so:

SurfPatch
-spec sc_lh.spec
-surf_A smoothwm
-surf_B full.patch.flat
-input lh.1D.roi 1 2
-masklabel 100
-out_type fs
-prefix test

surf_A is there because it's the parent surface and if I don't include it I get a message about not being able to talk to AFNI with the new surface I'm generating. full.patch.flat is what I'm interested in a sub-patch of.

lh.1D.roi is my regular ROI file saved from SUMA's Draw ROI plugin.

out_type = fs or =fsp both appear to output the same thing

So, I take the generated file (test_B.asc) and add it to the spec file using all the same info as full.patch.flat has other than the FreeSurferSurface and SurfaceState keys. However, when I then try to launch suma (suma -spec sc_lh.spec) I get the following errors:

Critical SUMA_FreeSurfer_Read_eng:
Trouble parsing FreeSurfer file.
Null or negative number of nodes &/| facesets.

Error SUMA_Load_Surface_Object_eng: Failed in SUMA_FreeSurfer_Read.
Error SUMA_Load_Spec_Surf: could not load SO
Error SUMA_LoadSpec_eng (SUMA_Load_Surface_Object.c:2256):
Failed to read surface.
Error SUMA_Engine: Failed in SUMA_LoadSpec.

I can only assume that I created the patch wrong in SurfPatch. So if anyone can point me in the right direction (or a new direction other than SurfPatch even).....

Thanks,

iggy
Subject Author Posted

SUMA roi masks

iggy September 22, 2005 01:22PM

Re: SUMA roi masks

iggy September 22, 2005 03:24PM

iggy September 22, 2005 08:31PM

Ziad S. Saad September 23, 2005 11:31AM