AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 25, 2005 01:24PM
Hello
I have been experimenting with connectivity analysis and using a script similar to the one Giuseppe Pagnoni was using in 3dDeconvolve. I am using -censor flags to indicate conditions. However, I find that artifacts, for example fluctuating susceptibility artifact, are more problematic for this sort of analysis than for those based on estimation of a beta coefficient across many trials. I tried using a global signal baseline but artifactual fluctuations are still a big contributor to spurious correlations. One way I thought to address this is to correlate peak timepoints in events relative to the onset time points:
Is there a way to select sub-briks in a 3d+time using a 1D file (specifically an onset vector) for writing out to a compressed dataset?
The goal as I see it would be to have one dataset containing 5-sec delay peaks for, say 30 events of a given condition, one dataset containing the onset timepoints for those events, and subtract the two to get a response estimate on a given trial.
The only way I have uncovered in the documentation to accomplish this is to specify the sub-briks exactly within the, e.g., 3dtcat command.
Thank you as always for your help.
Alison
Subject Author Posted

selecting sub-bricks with a censor file

Alison Adcock October 25, 2005 01:24PM