AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 31, 2005 01:32AM
Hi,
I have started a new group name "Statisticians_group" in the yahoo group for statisticians or the persons who are interested in statistics. The URL is [in.groups.yahoo.com]
I am happy to announce that the group has already more than 200 members though it is less than 15days old. Hope you will also become a member of this gorup very soon.

MOTIVATION:
Its purpose is to make a platform where all the students, scientists and the other people interested in statistics can discuss, exchange information, knowledge and experience among each other. There are many problem we face when we are dealing with statistics regarding both theory and its application using software. this group targets to slove this problem.

RESOURCES:
The following things are already uploaded in the group by different group members

15 tutorials on statistical genetics, Design of Experiments, Data mining and also on Introductory statistics. They are either word document file or pdf fileor excel file or some powerpoint represetations.

Two seminars on "Estimation of Genetic Parameters of Growth Curve Parameters" and Statistical Analysis of DNA fingerprinting". Both of these are document files.

Around 95 photos of different eminent statisticians.

Regarding myself, I am Madan Gopal Kundu from New Delhi, India pursuing presently Ph.d. on Statistical Modelling. I keep interests in Regression analysis, statistical modelling, Statistical Genetics and Design of Experiments.

Invitation:
All the statisticians who are scientists or the students or the people who keeps interest on this subject are coordially invited to join in this group.
Hope you will join the group as early as possible and you will enjoy.

How To Join?
Click on the following link
[in.groups.yahoo.com]?
and then enter the required information.

OR

Click on the following link
[in.groups.yahoo.com]
then click on button
"Join This Group"
and then enter the required information

OR

you can send a mail directly to
Statisticians_group-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.in

Group Email Addresses

Post message: Statisticians_group@yahoogroups.co.in
Subscribe: Statisticians_group-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.in
Unsubscribe: Statisticians_group-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.co.in
List owner: Statisticians_group-owner@yahoogroups.co.in

*************************Address separator*******************************************************
Madan Gopal Kundu
Room no 18, Sukhatme Hostel
Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute
Library Avenue, Pusa
New Delhi 12
India
Web. [www.freewebs.com]

*****************************************************************************************************
Subject Author Posted

A new group for statisticians has formed. Request to join

Madan G Kundu October 31, 2005 01:32AM