AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 01, 2005 09:59PM
Hopefully someone can give some advice on this one…
Presumably, 3dvolreg will fail in correcting motion when large, sudden movements occur. I am analyzing an experiment consisting of several functional runs per subject and would like to exclude runs during which subjects moved too much. The question is, ‘how much is too much?’ The approach taken thus far has been to quantify whole-brain SNR (method of Parrish, TB et al., 2000) for each run and exclude runs failing to reach some criterion. The poor SNR could be due to a number of factors, however, so similarly quantifying motion for each run would be useful. Many strategies are possible, but I’m wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a criterion that has worked well for them in the past or is based on a deeper understanding of the circumstances under which motion correction fails (i.e. X number of movements greater than Ymm/degrees per Z volumes).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
-joel

Subject Author Posted

Quantifying 'bad' motion

Joel Voss November 01, 2005 09:59PM