AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 07, 2005 03:29PM
Just in time for the Society for Neuroscience meeting, it's a new version of the AFNI Permutation Test plug-in. This one contains all the old functionality that you know and love, and adds an autoregressive noise model which can be useful for studies at high field or low TR. The autoregressive model is switched off by default; unless it's switched on, this new version 2.0 works exactly like the previous version 1.3. Documentation is in the help text.
<P>
As a bonus, I'm also including balloon.c, a stand-alone program that implements the "balloon" haemodynamic model designed by Buxton, Wong, and Frank - because really, isn't a physically based model aesthetically preferable to some gamma function that just happens to have something like the right shape? In order to compile balloon.c, you'll need the GNU Scientific Library installed. (You should in any case want the GNU Scientific Library installed; it's remarkably useful and remarkably free.) When compiling, use "-lm -lgsl". For documentation, run the program with no parameters.
<P>
I'm interested in hearing from users of either of these programs. I'm particularly interested in hearing from users of the autoregression feature in the permutation test plug-in -- I've tested it using some old data collected at 1.5 Tesla, but would like to characterise its behaviour more broadly.
<P>
For the moment I'm placing both programs at a <A HREF="[www.mit.edu] location</A>. The new version of permutation test also has been archived on <A HREF="[www.mattababy.org] web page that contains the 2001 paper describing the permutation test</A>. The haemodynamic model implementation was developed for use in a forthcoming fMRI study, and will be archived on that study's web page once the paper describing that study has been written. I invite the AFNI maintainers to integrate both of these programs into the AFNI distribution.
<P>
I will be at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington (and the Dynamical Neuroscience XIII pre-show Thursday and Friday) and would be interested in meeting others with an interest in AFNI development and use.
<P>
Matthew Belmonte

Subject Author Posted

new permutation test, and a new haemodynamic modeller

Matthew Belmonte November 07, 2005 03:29PM