AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Godot
November 14, 2005 12:12AM
Hello Vince,

My guess is that there are some center of rotation shenanigans here. The dfile and the -rotate options perform rotations about the center of the volume. But the -rotparent performs rotations about the center of the datasets rotated in 3dvolreg.

Why does the -rotparent fail for you while the other do not? I cannot tell for sure. Not at this time of the day at least and not without more sleuthing, preferably with anat+orig and the base in my hands. I do have a guess though:

I did notice a suspicious 3dresample with the -master option on the mask data, prior to applying the rotation. I suspect the origin of mask is no longer matching that of anat so aligning it per the 3dvolreg transform in anat.reg would fail to bring mask.rotparent into alignment with anat.reg

Try aligning mask before the 3dresample operation and see what happens.

cheers,
Godot
Subject Author Posted

3drotate -rotparent results skewed

Vince November 07, 2005 04:01PM

Re: 3drotate -rotparent results skewed -- help please

Vince November 09, 2005 01:40PM

Re: 3drotate -rotparent results skewed - waiting for Godot

bob cox November 09, 2005 02:28PM

Re: 3drotate -rotparent results skewed - waiting for Godot

Godot November 09, 2005 04:19PM

Re: 3drotate -rotparent results skewed