AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 02, 2006 12:53PM
I have 124 anatomical sagittal images which are 1.4mm thick, and 16 functional images which are 5mm thick. I'm wondering if maybe the difference in these measurements is not allowing me to get an accurate functional overlay when I perform the Talairach conversion.

The attached images show a band of compressed fMRI activation overlayed on a fully transformed (into Talairach space) anatomical image. The band just so happens to be about 1/3 the width of the anatomical brain, as the slice thickness of 1.4mm anatomical is about 1/3 of the 5mm functional thickness.

Can the difference in slice thickness be the cause of the compression I'm getting? If so, is there anything that could be done to fix this?

Thank you!
-Dmitry
Subject Author Posted

Slice thickness and Talairach Transformation

Dmitry February 02, 2006 12:53PM