AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 02, 2006 01:26PM
Greetings AFNI world!
In analyzing data from a single-subject for my study of naming pictures and pseudo-pictures, I've obtained two BYOO-TEE-FULL results and one weird one. The results for responding with a pseudo-word upon seeing pseudo-pictures (color= pseudo-pic coeff; threshold = pseudo-pic F-stat) are entirely as expected, as are the results from my contrast between naming real pictures and responding to pseudo-pictures (color= contrast [real pic - pseudo-pic] coeff; threshold = contrast F-stat).
HOWEVER, when I look at the results for real pictures alone (i.e., color= real picture coeff; threshold = real picture F-stat), I get a weird result. The color pattern remains the same no matter which range I'm in on the threshold slider, and scrolling up and down makes no difference. Put another way, I don't see color appearing and disappearing depending on my position on the threshold slider. The only change is in the range of 4, where at one point the color completely disappears. There's no gradual fading in and out of color, the way I see with the other two sets of results.
Huh?
-Whitney
Subject Author Posted

Scrolling up & down threshold slider: Weird result

Whitney February 02, 2006 01:26PM

Re: Scrolling up & down threshold slider: Weird result

Gang Chen February 02, 2006 04:04PM

Re: Scrolling up & down threshold slider: Weird result

Vince February 03, 2006 10:33AM