AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 13, 2006 01:41PM
Hello All,

I have some voxels of interest that constitute a mask in Talairach space, which I want to warp back to the original (+orig) coordinates so I can use the mask with either 3dmaskave or 3dmaskdump to extract the time series. I can do this fairly easily within AFNI by setting my 3d+t dataset as my underlay and my mask as the overlay, which I view iin Talairach space, then switching (warping-on-demand) to original space, opening the graph window, and saving the time series ("Opt" --> "Write Center"). This works well and the voxel coregistration (for lack of a better term) between +orig and +tlrc coordinates appears to be reasonable. However, this process is very time intensive due to the sheer number of voxels I have for each subject and the number of subjects I need to do. It would be really nice if I could script this out...

I've tried to use 3dfractionize (template = 3d+t+orig dataset, my underlay; input = mask+tlrc; clip = .20; vote) to simply warp the mask to the individual +orig coordinates, but this doesn't work despite much tinkering with the options: I either get "0 nonzero mask voxels" written to the dataset, or, in the cases where the fractionization process seems to work, I get a "mask and dataset are not the same dimensions" error. I figured this is because the mask is a FIM and the dataset is a 3d+t. So is there any good way to do this, considering I can't use the other AFNI programs that require either a text list of coordinates or the -cmask option in 3dmaskdump?

Thanks!!

Subject Author Posted

Fractionizing to a 3d+t dataset

Jeremy Smith March 13, 2006 01:41PM

Re: Fractionizing to a 3d+t dataset

rick reynolds March 13, 2006 03:02PM

Re: Fractionizing to a 3d+t dataset

Jeremy Smith March 13, 2006 03:24PM