AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 13, 2006 02:37PM
Hi,

This may not be so much an AFNI question but a BOLD fMRI question. I'm trying to figure out why for one subject, I'm seeing "activation" in the lateral ventricles. We're using a fast-event related design where different types of emotional faces appear for four seconds. Every now and then, there is a fixation that appears for either 2, 4, or 6 seconds. We're using 3dDeconvolve for the analyses (haven't done group analyses yet). Although all the subjects we've tested so far show a few "random" activations in the ventricles, one subject shows relatively robust activation to happy faces in the lateral ventricles (almost as if the activations fill in the ventricles). I don't think this has to do with subject motion because none of the motion statistics were larer than .5 (using 3dvolreg -dfile option). Is our imaging sequence somehow capturing the pulsing of CSF? Is it related to respiration? Any other ideas?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jatin

Subject Author Posted

activation in lateral ventricles

Jatin March 13, 2006 02:37PM