AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 14, 2006 09:41AM
Hi AFNI experts,

I'm trying to convert dicom images into afni format. For the functional images, this is no problem -- I just point to3d to the relevant files, and it opens them without any trouble. It figures out that the scans were acquired in an interleaved order and everything. But for the structural scans, it has problems. For these scans, to3d doesn't interleave the images, so I end up with a volume that has all the odd slices (1, 3, 5, etc) first, and then all the even slices (2, 4, 6, etc) -- basically, two short brains stacked one on top of the other.

I've tried using -sinter (despite the fact that they're not .ima files), and I've tried to trick it into believing that it was a timeseries with one time-step (so I could tell it that they were were altplus), but to3d is too clever for such simple tricks. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Glenn.
Subject Author Posted

dicom to afni

Glenn March 14, 2006 09:41AM

Re: dicom to afni

rick reynolds March 14, 2006 09:47AM

Glenn March 14, 2006 10:05AM

rick reynolds March 14, 2006 10:16AM