AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 02, 2006 12:14PM
Hello! I'm performing a talairach transformation on my images in the hope of stretching the lo-res functional image over the hi-res anatomical image. The problem is that the end result of the transformation is a proper transform of the anatomical dataset, but an improper transform of the functional one, such that the functional is just rotated to match the degree that was used to rotate the anatomical image set.

ATTACHED IMAGE 1: Original anat dataset with overlayed func set; SEE OVERLAY set to maximum leniency to allow complete overlay of func brain onto anat brain.

ATTACHED IMAGE 2: AC-PC aligned anat dataset with overlayed func set; SEE OVERLAY set to maximum leniency to allow complete overlay of func brain onto anat brain.

ATTACHED IMAGE 3: Talairach anat dataset with overlayed func set; SEE OVERLAY set to maximum leniency to allow complete overlay of func brain onto anat brain.

Let's say I'm working with an anatomical set called case111. Here's what I do:

1. to3d -time:zt 16 1 1s alt+z '3D:-1:0:256:256:1:case111*' (case111* includes all 124 dicom anat images)

--------FOV = 250, cubical
--------Orientation: ASL
--------Write dataset with prefix: anat

2. to3d -time:zt 16 180 2000 seq+z I.*.*.raw (creates functional BRIK & HEADER)

--------FOV = 260, z = irregular = 6 (5 + skip 1)
--------Orientation: RAI
--------Write dataset with prefix: func

3. Perform Talairach transformation for UNDERLAY = anat, OVERLAY = func. (AC-PC aligned --> Talairach space in AFNI)

4. The resulting image is a transformed anatomical image set with an overlay of the same lo-res, thin strip going across the anatomical brain. Please see the images 1, 2, and 3 as aides.

My question is: How do I bypass this distortion? How can I stretch the functional image over the anatomical image in Talairach space?
Subject Author Posted

Functional-Anatomical Mismatch During Talairach Transformation

Dmitry May 02, 2006 12:14PM

Re: Functional-Anatomical Mismatch During Talairach Transformation

Fred Tam May 04, 2006 12:21AM