AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 10, 2006 05:15PM
I have acquired images in both axial and oblique (about 20 deg off axis from axial) orientations during the same session. I realize that I need to rotate the images to have them align, but currently they are not even close. There is a large shift in the z-direction. The images were acquired on a GE scanner and converted to dicom using Osirix. There are 3 data sets. I will report below the z-coordinates for the first and last slice as given by the information on the scanner and 3dinfo command (which isn't exact but close enough)

SPGR - Axial Images
Start and Finish - Scanner Start and Finish - 3dinfo
I44.0 - S103.6 I43.995 - S103.605

FSE - Oblique (290 degrees)
I24.1 - S90.9 S18.277 - S141.277

EPI - Oblique (290 degrees)
I24.1 - S65.5 S18.841 - S114.841

All of the BRIK files were created by using a simple to3d -
to3d -'type' -prefix $$$ *dcm

Subject Author Posted