AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Wolfgang
May 16, 2006 05:21PM
I'm using Freesurfer to generate surfaces, and after running the SUMA_Make_Spec_FS script I end up having 2 separate spec files for the right and left hemisphere.

I'm wondring what the suggested way is to have them both in the surface viewer at the same time and mapping FMRI activation to it:

To view them together I created a combined spec file, where I just pasted the surface entries of the other hemisphere at the end (without any further changes).

Question 1) Is this the right way to see them both simultaneously?

Then I use The Vol2Surf plugin to visualize my FMRI activation on the surface. I'd like to see the maximum between the smoothed white matter and pial surface.

As I have both hemispheres at once I set surf_pair0 to surf_A=0 and surf_B=1, and surf_pair_1 to surf_A=3 and surf_B=4.

The debug output tells me:
+d surf_A label: 'lh.smoothwm.asc'
+d surf_B label: 'lh.pial.asc'
+d surf_A label: 'rh.smoothwm.asc'
+d surf_B label: 'rh.pial.asc'

Question 2) Is this the right way to use the surf_pair settings in Vol2Surf when having both hemispheres at the same time (like elaborated above)?

Thanks much,
Wolfgang

Subject Author Posted

SUMA both hemispheres simultaneously

Wolfgang May 16, 2006 05:21PM

Re: SUMA both hemispheres simultaneously

Ziad Saad May 17, 2006 10:25AM