AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
June 12, 2006 11:34AM
Gang Chen wrote:

> Yes, that is right. However, you can use another more amenable
> option -gltsym to simplify the specification.
>
> > It seems this matrix is specifying separate comparisons at
> each
> > time point of the lags, when all I need is a single auc
> comparison for
> > the LC, and a dumpout of the HRF response to each -stim_file
> class.

>
> I assume the big matrix is for comparing two conditions. There
> are two approaches to set up such a contrast: (1) Comparing the
> condition at each time point; (2) Comparing their UAC. The two
> mean differently and you would come up with two different
> results, and it is your choice.
>
> Gang

Hi Gang, I am content to simply make an omnibus comparison of AUC in my linear contrasts, where the one-line matrix file is used. I gather then, that

1) using -iresp to dump out % signalchange requires a stipulated duration of maxlag back in the -stim_file specs, and

2) specifing the maxlag requires expanding the one-line matrix somehow to accomodate the maxlag spec.

However, the script I posted and the expanded one-line matrix I suggested results in an analysis with a collinearity warning, and a bucket dataset that is capped at 0-255 subbricks, because the -coef and t- subbriks of each of the 124 items in the expanded matrix uses up 248 of them! This is clearly not the solution I am looking for.

should my matrix instead go from:

0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 ... etc

to

0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .... etc?

All I want is to retain my old tried and true GLT-"AUC" 3dDeconvolve analysis using canonical HFR vectors, but add the functionality of -iresp to dump out a dataset for each stimulus series which gives me a voxel-based output that shows the percent signal change for each of the HRF timepoints at and following stimulus presentation. Are these incompatible objectives? It seems that they shouldn't be.

Jim
Subject Author Posted

matrix files when using -1resp in 3dDeconvolve

Jim Bjork June 07, 2006 04:35PM

Re: matrix files when using -1resp in 3dDeconvolve

Gang Chen June 08, 2006 04:03PM

Jim Bjork June 12, 2006 11:34AM

Gang Chen June 12, 2006 02:10PM

Jim Bjork June 12, 2006 02:52PM