AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 15, 2007 01:58PM
I have had considerable frustration in trying to break up an activation map with regions of activation that are too extensive. For reasons that are lengthy to explain, I am stuck with the chore of reporting out cluster data (mean signal intensity/Z-scores/xyz CM coordinates) on a map that contrasts brain activity against baseline, at a fairly lenient statistical threshhold. When I use 3dclust, I end up with 10 large clusters that are actually ~30 distinct brain regions, connected in various ways. I have threshholded the data in various ways, but even with relatively aggressive choices for rmm and vmul in my 3dmerge command, and a stipulation for -1erode of 50 (followed by -1dilate), the blobs are still stuck together. If you've have similar problems, can you tell me what you've done to solve the problem?

I have uploaded a sample image to the AFNI server to illustrate the problem, called Encode.MeanJit_Z.thr003_3.8+tlrc. This image is a Z-score map that has been threshholded to a p of .003, a connectivity radius of 3.8 and a min. cluster volume of ~300 mul. The original voxel size is 3.75x3.75x4.2, resliced for group analysis to 1x1x1. The actual command for the volume threshholding is below:

3dmerge -1noneg -1clust 1.1 295 -1erode 50 -1dilate -datum float \
-prefix Encode.MeanJit_Z.thr003_rmm3.8 \
Encode.MeanJit_Z.thr003+tlrc

Thanks in advance,
AndreaB

Subject Author Posted

breaking up large clusters

AndreaB March 15, 2007 01:58PM

Re: breaking up large clusters

Guofan March 15, 2007 04:22PM

Re: breaking up large clusters

David Perlman March 15, 2007 04:34PM