AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 09, 2007 06:09PM
Hi, I posted earlier about thickness data from freesurfer that I was interpolating to standard mesh. To do this, I used the following command:

SurfToSurf -i_fs MapIco_lh_std.white.asc -i_fs lh.white.asc -data lh.thickness.asc -prefix lh.thick_std

That command worked fine as far as I can tell, but I've been running into problems when I try smoothing the thickness data. I'm using the following command:

SurfSmooth -spec MapIco_lh_std.spec -surf_A MapIco_lh_std.smoothwm.asc -met LB_FEM-input lh.thick_std.1D -Niter 100 -fwhm 8 -add_index -output lh.thick_smooth.1D.dset

Smooth.jpg shows the results of a subject done this way, which seems to have weird artifacts that weren't there prior to smoothing. This also happened when I tried using white instead of smoothwm. However, when I ran equivalent commands in the opposite order (smoothed and then interpolated, smooth_before.jpg), everything looks fine.

I was wondering if this was an issue you'd seen before, and if there were options I could change on SurfSmooth that would produce better results. I'm hoping this doesn't simply mean that smoothing in standard mesh is a bad idea, since the SurfToSurf command takes a lot of processing time per subject.

Thanks,

-Aaron-
Subject Author Posted

problem with smoothing/std mesh

Aaron Goldman April 09, 2007 06:09PM

Re: problem with smoothing/std mesh

ziad April 10, 2007 01:36PM

Michael August 24, 2007 01:50PM

Ziad August 24, 2007 01:55PM