AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Victor
August 15, 2007 03:33PM
I want to perform a ROI analysis in the following way:

Create mask with ROI from BOLD dataset 1

Examine activity in BOLD dataset 2

To get the mask, I tried to use the following command:

-3dmerge -prefix block_roi -1tindex 9 -1thresh 10 -1clust_order 5.00 00 decon_1_results+orig

Then, to get a file of the clusters I ran the command:

3dclust -orient LPI -1tindex 9 -1thresh 10 5.00 500 decon_1_results+orig

The problem is the files don't seem to match up. When I look for clusters in the block_roi+orig identified in the file - there are no blobs where the coordinates say they should be and are where they say there aren't.

I'm not sure - but could this also be related to another problem: when I use the 'jump to xyz' command for example, 12, 45, 16, it sends me to another place (15, 27,9)? Have you seen this problem before?

On a related note, I will need to select only one of the areas of activation to be used as the ROI where I want to examine the activity of two different stimulus types. What is the best way to go about doing this? Your ROI notes have left me slightly confused as to the best option for this type of analysis.

Thanks,

Victor

Subject Author Posted

ROI analysis

Victor August 15, 2007 03:33PM

Re: ROI analysis

Daniel Glen August 15, 2007 05:41PM

Victor August 16, 2007 12:50PM

Daniel Glen August 16, 2007 02:50PM