AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 15, 2007 04:41PM
Hello all:
I'm trying to determine a specific p-value for a cluster of voxels in my image (the voxels have been selectively chosen for other reasons) using alphasim in order to compare with p-values I determine using another method. I've taken the cluster out and created a new (smaller) image with only these voxels and all surrounding voxels have been set to r=0 (p=1.)

can Alphasim be used in this way ? it's my understanding that the alphasim program takes cluster sizes and associated p-values for correlations of each of the voxels within range and uses monte-carlo simulations to generate a single probability that reflects the likelihood of finding all of these voxels so close together.
under that assumption I undumped the isolated cluster image and used the following command line:
AlphaSim -nx 7 -ny 8 -nz 9 -dx 1 -dy 1 -dz 1 -rmm 4 undump+orig.BRIK
and I get the error :
AlphaSim Error: unrecognized command line option
so either I'm inputting my options wrong, or I'm not allowed to feed it this input : can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?
thanks for your time:
-B
Subject Author Posted

alphasim input

brendan August 15, 2007 04:41PM

Re: alphasim input

Gang Chen August 20, 2007 11:05AM