AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 30, 2007 04:01PM
Hello,

I am trying to use the 3dresample command to put a t-map image in the same orientation as the original functional image. I switched the original functional image to an ANALYZE format using directions in a previous thread on how to do that without messing up the file (ie. changing some environment variables.) Now that I have switched it back to AFNI format using:
3dcopy spmT_0001.hdr spmT_0001
it appears to be in LAI format (from looking at 3dinfo) and when I look at it in AFNI it is flipped anterior to posterior.

ITo fix this I tried the command:
3dresample -orient LPI -prefix spmT_0001_LPI -inset spmT_0001+orig.
and while the image changes very slightly, it is still A-P flipped. (When I say this I mean in the AFNI window the sagittal slice looks backwards, though 3dinfo says it's in orientation that I flipped it to.) In frustration, I actually tried all 8 combinations of orientation and all of them were A-P flipped opposite to my functional image. Am I misunderstanding the documentation on the resample command? How is best to flip the slices back?

Thanks very much,
Brianna Schuyler
Subject Author Posted

orientation problem using 3dresample

Brianna Schuyler August 30, 2007 04:01PM

Re: orientation problem using 3dresample

rick reynolds August 30, 2007 04:36PM