History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
September 06, 2007 11:54AM
Dear all,

I have been using 3dttest -paired to compare linear contrast activations (beta weights) by a task *between drug conditions* in the same group of subjects, who were each tested in both dose and placebo conditions in a repeated-measures design.

However, it occured to me that I could perhaps also generate group-wise statistical maps of task activations under each drug condition singly by using the -mean from a repeated-measures ANOVA instead of using a separate script to generate random effects group maps for each dose condition singly as t-test from zero.

Based on the AFNI manual, it appears there is no provision for a repeated-measures design in 3dANOVA, and that I will have to use 3dANOVA2 to incorporate a random-effects (i.e. repeated measures from same individuals) design.

Is this correct? Since the within-subject task event contrasts themselves have previously been calculated and are themselves being compared, would I simply use -type 2 but not -type 3 in order to look at the dose (vs placebo) effect for each contrast?

Jim B
Subject Author Posted

Repeated-measures ANOVA for pharmacological intervention

Jim Bjork September 06, 2007 11:54AM

Re: Repeated-measures ANOVA for pharmacological intervention

Gang Chen September 07, 2007 10:15AM