AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 09, 2007 05:05PM
Hi AFNI experts,

I have two related questions:

(1) I try to understand how the voxel values in BRIK files are internally scaled. To be more specific, after I generate the impulse response function output file, called “IRF_Cong+orig” for now, with the option –iresp in 3dDeconvolve, I understand that each voxel value at each time point is float but stored as short integer in the “IRF_Cong+orig.BRIK” file. I would like to use Matlab to do some manipulation. To do this, I need to convert the short integer back to float. What is the scaling factor? Does AFNI use the same scaling factor for all sub-bricks with float values in 3dDeconvolve, such as the coefficients and t statistics?

(2) After the Matlab manipulation, what will be the easiest way to generate the HEAD file? For example, based on the “IRF_Cong+orig.BRIK”, I generate a file called “time_dealy+orig.BRIK”. Since the “IRF_Cong+orig” and the newly created “time_delay+orig” would share the same voxel size, image location and data axes orientations, what will be the way to extract these information (without manually entering them in “to3d” again) from “IRF_Cong+orig.HEAD” and apply them to “time_delay+orig”.

Thank you.

-- David

Subject Author Posted

scaling in BRIK

David Zhu October 09, 2007 05:05PM

Re: scaling in BRIK

Daniel Glen October 09, 2007 05:17PM

David Zhu October 09, 2007 07:37PM

Daniel Glen October 09, 2007 10:07PM