AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 22, 2007 11:06AM
You want to test if the response in a voxel ('r') is reasonably modeled as being like

r(p) = a + b*(p-pbar) + c*(p-pbar)*(p-pbar)

where p = your parameter (pbar = mean p), and a,b,c = to be estimated -- is this correct?

_AM2 isn't set up for this model, with 3 unknowns per voxel -- it is for 2 unknowns per voxel.

One alternative would be to use -stim_times_IM to get the response estimate r for EACH stimulus (save them via -cbucket), then do the quadratic fitting/testing separately treating those response estimates as the 'data' to be modeled. That could be done using 3dDeconvolve again, using -stim_file to set up 3 regressors: constant, linear, quadratic in 'p' (and using '-polort -1' so there is no baseline model!).

The clarity level of the above paragraph depends on the depth to which you understand how 3dDeconvolve works, I'm afraid. Not knowing your status in the Jedi AFNI Master training, I'm not sure how much more detail to provide.

The second alternative would be to convince me to rewrite the code to have an _AM3 (_AM4 ...?) option, but that might be difficult. That would take a couple days, and would be dull.

Subject Author Posted

Quadratic Trend / AM Regression?

Andrew October 22, 2007 10:54AM

Re: Quadratic Trend / AM Regression?

bob cox October 22, 2007 11:06AM

AFNI Gang October 22, 2007 11:08AM

Andrew October 22, 2007 11:41AM

AFNI Gang October 22, 2007 12:54PM