AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 22, 2007 03:44PM
Hello.

I would like to be able to input a single time course in the 3ddelay program instead of a 3D+time data set. Is it possible to modify the program to do that ? (I know I can create a data set with the same time course everywhere, and it is what I did ... but it would be a lot more pratical in my case to input a 1D file. )

ALSO,

** As, I want to compare 2 time couses A.1D and B.1D.
** I created A+orig and B+orig by doing
3dcalc -fscale -a A+orig -b mask -expr "a*b" ....
**Then because I do not know in advance which one will be delay, I calculate 3ddelay -input A+orig -ideal_file B.1D -fs 0.5 -T 0 -prefix del_A
and 3ddelay -input B+orig -ideal_file A.1D -fs 0.5 -T 0 -prefix del_B

** then a 3dmaskave on del_A+orig and del_B+orig will in "principle" gives me, let's say 2.3 sec for del_A and 0 for del_B if A is delay compare to B.
(In this program, I understood that when the result is 0, it means that ideal_file is delayed compare to the signal)
**However, in some cases, but it is usually for small delays, both del_A will gives me a number 2.3 and 0.8 for example.

1) How do I have to interpret this?
2) Is it possible to have the program extract a positive value if the signal is delayed compare to the ideal_file and a negative value if the ideal_file is delayed compare to the signal ?

Thank you very much.

JUlien

Subject Author Posted

3ddelay

julien October 22, 2007 03:44PM

Re: 3ddelay

rick reynolds October 22, 2007 05:26PM

Re: 3ddelay

julien October 23, 2007 12:53PM