AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 17, 2007 12:55PM
Hey Ziad,

Thanks for getting back to me. This sounds like it could work, but I'm not sure how to implement this.

After I draw my rois, I run ROI2dataset to convert to 1D format. I then run ROIgrow. ROIgrow seems to grow all nodes in the 1D file I input. I haven't been able to specify growing a subset of rois within my input file (e.g. only rois with value greater than 1). When I input an roi with a full node list, the ouput of ROIgrow is just the full node list (since it already contains all nodes, it has nowhere to grow). I don't think I can grow my roi from a dataset that contains a full node list and I'm not sure if I can take the output of ROIgrow and convert include a full node list.

This is my typical command line:
ROIgrow -i_fs /surfaces/ma/SUMA/lh.full.patch.flat.asc -roi_nodes roi_lh.1D.dset'[0]' -lim 2 -prefix roi_grown_lh

The method you previously suggested of using ConvertDset will work if I don't combine my rois. Though it would be optimal in my case if I could combine my rois, it is not necessary. One possible fix I see would be if ROIgrow could grow the nodes based on the roi values (all values greater than 1). A full node list could then be input. Of course there would be a problem if rois grew into each other.

Thanks again Ziad. If there is no apparent solution, I will continue to process each ROI separately. I would really like to see an option added to ROIgrow to grow based on the roi value, but this may not be of interest to others.

Mike

Subject Author Posted

3dROIstats on the surface?

Mike Arcaro December 06, 2007 12:50PM

Re: 3dROIstats on the surface?

ziad December 06, 2007 01:33PM

Mike Arcaro December 11, 2007 03:37PM

ziad December 17, 2007 10:03AM

Mike Arcaro December 17, 2007 12:55PM