AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Vince Hradil
January 10, 2008 12:01PM
I would like to do registration using only parts of the image. That is, I would draw a mask, then do 3dvolreg (or 3dWarpDrive), but just the voxels that survive the mask would be used in the calculations. I've tried to use the '-weight' flag in 3dvolreg, but this is not exactly what I want:

3dvolreg -verbose -verbose -twopass -twodup -cubic -base foo+orig"[0]" -weight foo.masked+orig"[0]" -prefix foo.maskreg -dfile foo.maskreg.txt foo+orig

actually, this process fails with a core dump after displaying:

++ Start of first pass alignment on all sub-bricks
wtrim: [256..-1]x[256..-1]x[10..-1] = -655360 voxels kept, out of 655360 (-100.0%)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I would really like to pass '-mask' to 3dvolreg (or 3dWarpDrive) and have the exact same calculation, i.e. weights would be a smoothed version of the dataset, except that only the voxels that survive the mask would be used.

How hard would it be to add a '-mask' flag to either 3dvolreg or 3dWarpDrive?

Thanks,

Vince
Version AFNI_2007_05_29_1644
[[Precompiled binary solaris29_suncc_64: Jun 29 2007]]
SunOS mr7 5.9 Generic_118558-37 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Solaris

Subject Author Posted

Using an ROI for registration

Vince Hradil January 10, 2008 12:01PM

Re: Using an ROI for registration

bob cox January 10, 2008 02:11PM

Re: Using an ROI for registration

Vince Hradil January 10, 2008 04:35PM