AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 25, 2008 04:14PM
Hello,

I am a research assistant and am trying to carry out a region of interest analysis on a specific functional part of the brain, the Left Superior Temporal Gyrus (LSTG). I do not myself work with afni but work with other students who have experience. What I have is a list of anatomical IJK coordinates exported from a Talairached brain. Then, using a functional data set from this same subject, my coworker exported a list of the functional IJK coordinates that correspond to the region of interest (the LSTG).

However, we are having problems because these two coordinate sets do not match. I have been told that this problem results from a difference between functional vs. anatomical IJK coordinates. More specifically I was told the ranges of the I,J,K values differed between functional and anatomical. I have also heard that xyz coordinates should match between the two. Does anyone know if this is true?

If this is correct, it would seem a lot more logical to switch to xyz coordinates, since it is crucial that the ROI coordinates match the original data for the ROI analysis.

I have suggested this approach but don't have any expertise on this specific issues.

Thanks for the help!

John Sheppard

Subject Author Posted

IJK coordinates in anatomical vs. functional data sets

John Sheppard January 25, 2008 04:14PM

Re: IJK coordinates in anatomical vs. functional data sets

Daniel Glen January 25, 2008 04:44PM