AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
AB
February 07, 2008 02:00PM
Hi Clare,

The warnings have been added to 3drefit's deoblique option because all it does is replace the oblique information with the closest cardinal transformation. If you truly want to 'deoblique' you need to use 3dWarp.

I don't know what to recommend for a 'best approach' because I do not know what you're doing with the data when you move to FSL. You say that you've checked the data thoroughly, so assuming that the registration in FSL is working then you're OK.
However, when epi and anatomy are significantly out of alignment because of differing scanning planes, the odds of the alignment not converging are significant. So to be careful, I would recommend that you deoblique the EPI before going to FSL.

The only downside here, is that you are adding an interpolation step on the EPI data processing. But if you're blurring the EPI later on then I would not worry much about that extra blur.

Lastly, you should verify the alignment closely, regardless of what tool you're using, because alignments are not always that good.

cheers,
ziad
Subject Author Posted

obliquity, NIFTI etc.

Clare February 01, 2008 04:38PM

Re: obliquity, NIFTI etc.

Daniel Glen February 01, 2008 05:06PM

Clare February 01, 2008 05:43PM

AB February 07, 2008 02:00PM