AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2008 09:08AM
The original motivation for the session system was that the program (afni) would assume that the xyz coordinate of all datasets in one directory would properly overlap physically, but that xyz coordinates of datasets from different directories might not. With that in mind, I called the directories "sessions" with the idea that all the data from a single scanning session on a single subject would naturally "go together".

Of course, these assumptions can be erroneous (as can any assumption, excepting the Axiom of Infinity).

I could modify the interactive afni program (the only place where the session concept is used) to put all the input datasets into one big session inside the program. This would let you manage viewing any way you want. Of course, if you input a lot of files, then the 'Overlay' and 'Underlay' chooser lists would get pretty long.

That, of course, isn't what Anonymous asked for (and why the HELL do you think that I'd be pissed at a polite request?). But it's what would be simplest to offer.

Subject Author Posted

Why doesn't the session switch when read in?

Vince Hradil February 01, 2008 06:19PM

Re: Why doesn't the session switch when read in?

bob cox February 04, 2008 09:58AM

Re: Why doesn't the session switch when read in?

Anonymous February 07, 2008 01:31PM

session system

bob cox February 15, 2008 09:08AM

Re: session system

Vince Hradil February 15, 2008 09:31AM

bob cox February 15, 2008 09:49AM

Daniel Glen February 15, 2008 11:10AM