AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 10, 2008 09:59AM
While I haven't studied the 3dDeconvolvem.pdf document (Jan 24, 2006 revision) in detail, I noticed what appears to be an internal inconsistency. On page 8, where it states we want to solve for B(est) given the system Z = XB + E, it says that timepoints of this calculation go from p to N-1. On page 13-14, which appears to discuss the generalization of the math from single to multiple input regressors of interest, the system is defined from p to N.

I was confused about N-1 was used in the single regressor case. It seemed like N was a more sensible to define the end point of run. But that quite possibly is just my general lack of understanding of the math.

I know this is minor issue . . . I am sure the code itself is internally consistent, and even if it wasn't it doesn't look like it would materially effect results much.
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve: N or N-1 time points

Brent Field February 10, 2008 09:59AM

Re: 3dDeconvolve: N or N-1 time points

rick reynolds February 10, 2008 11:25AM