AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 11, 2008 06:02PM
Hello,

I've been reading through many previous posts on thresholding, and I still have some confusions about how to apply thresholding to my data. Sorry for the perhaps repetitive questions, just trying to wrap my head around this stuff.

I've run a linear regression using 3dDeconvolve. In that command I created a number of general linear tests (GLTs), e.g.:

-glt_label 1 person_delay -gltsym 'SYM: +0.5*P.ED +0.5*P.LD'

..where I'm interested in the average brain response to the P.ED and P.LD regressors within a SINGLE SUBJECT.

Now, the output bucket from the regression contains a Coef, T-stat, and F-stat sub-brick for this GLT. My intention now is to discover which voxels are significantly "activated" by the conditions described by the GLT. I can overlay the T-stat sub-brick for this GLT and adjust the threshold bar to change the threshold, but what is the "critical" threshold to set this at so that I have some confidence these voxels are above-threshold voxels for this task?

Isn't there a way to just determine what the "critical threshold" of my contrast is and then adjust the threshold slider when looking at the GLT.T-stat sub-brick? Or is this the point where I need to do some sort of cluster analysis on the data (e.g. using 3dFWHMx , AlphaSim, and 3dmerge, etc.) to find significant "clusters" of voxels and then perform further statistics on those clusters and create new output sub-bricks with which to use as overlays? I'm confused about where to go at this step.

I want to be able to say "these voxels in the brain of SUBJECT X were significantly activated by task Y", which is a rather basic question, but I'm getting stuck on using the correct procedures to address that question.

Thanks for any direct feedback (or pointers to a description of this analysis).

Jarrod
Subject Author Posted

thresholding GLT statistical maps

Jarrod Lewis-Peacock February 11, 2008 06:02PM

Re: thresholding GLT statistical maps

Gang Chen February 11, 2008 06:18PM