AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 26, 2008 02:43PM
Hi all:

Don't know if this has been reported before, but when I used the most recent AFNI (Feb 14 2008), I found the drawing of ROIs on SUMA crashes after 3-4 clicks. It affects the X11 apparently, since I have to reboot the computer (Intel Mac Pro G5: 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.5.2) in order to restore its functionality. I use the oblique dataset, which means it has to be rotated (EPI) in the preprocessing stage. With the newest version specially dealing with oplique dataset (but recommended to rotate the structural), I don't know if this is part of the reason.

Another problem is in the @SUMA_AlignToExperiment script, which stopped at the 3dvolreg phase (error messages below). My lab colleague has suggested that I switched to the earlier version, which worked (just like before). But just post these error reports so people got informed.
cheers, Chun-Chia

@SUMA_AlignToExperiment -surf_anat /Volumes/kastner/surfaces/cck/SUMA/cck_SurfVol+orig. -exp_anat cck_expvol+orig.++ 3dinfo: AFNI version=AFNI_2008_02_01_1144 (Feb 14 2008) [32-bit]
++ 3dinfo: AFNI version=AFNI_2008_02_01_1144 (Feb 14 2008) [32-bit]
Center distance of 13.099577 mm

resampling cck_expvol+orig to match /Volumes/kastner/surfaces/cck/SUMA/cck_SurfVol+orig
3dresample -master /Volumes/kastner/surfaces/cck/SUMA/cck_SurfVol+orig -prefix cck_expvol_resamp_ -rmode Cu -inset cck_expvol+orig

Registering /Volumes/kastner/surfaces/cck/SUMA/cck_SurfVol+orig to cck_expvol_resamp_+orig
3dvolreg -wtrim -clipit -twopass -twodup -zpad 8 -rotcom -verbose -base cck_expvol_resamp_+orig -prefix cck_SurfVol_Alnd_Exp /Volumes/kastner/surfaces/cck/SUMA/cck_SurfVol+orig

++ 3dvolreg: AFNI version=AFNI_2008_02_01_1144 (Feb 14 2008) [32-bit]
++ Authored by: RW Cox
++ Notice: -wtrim is now always enabled
++ Notice: -clipit is now the default
++ Reading in base dataset ./cck_expvol_resamp_+orig.BRIK

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
EDIT_empty_copy
THD_open_tcat
THD_open_dataset
3dvolreg main
Bottom of Debug Stack
** AFNI version = AFNI_2008_02_01_1144 Compile date = Feb 14 2008