AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 08, 2008 02:44PM
Dear AFNI experts,

I´m sorry to come back to this topic again but I still have some questions regarding obliquity.

Both our anatomical and functional dicom data are differently oblique. That´s why I decided (of course after great help from the message board) to oblique the anatomy to match the epi with

3dWarp -card2oblique epi+orig prefix anattoepi anat+orig

We have 3 different paradigms in one scan session and I actually thought that it doesn´t matter which functional data I use for the 3dWarp command since the functional file is not changed and since the functional file of paradigm 1 has the same oblique transformation matrix than the functional data of paradigm 2 and 3. I expected to get the same result no matter if I do

1.) preprocessing of all paradigms (all subjects) using 3dWarp just once
2.) preprocessing of all paradigms using 3dWarp 3 times

But I noticed slight differences when I looked at the statistical files or the group analysis result (ttest). Can anybody give me some hints why it is like that and which way of preprocessing might be better ( 1.) or 2.) )! I would be grateful for any help!

Thank you very much in advance!

Beate
Subject Author Posted

question to oblique anatomy

Beate April 08, 2008 02:44PM

Re: question to oblique anatomy

rick reynolds April 08, 2008 04:41PM

Beate April 09, 2008 09:14AM

rick reynolds April 09, 2008 05:28PM