AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
May 05, 2008 11:30AM
Ok, one last post here - I've got it working very nicely now. Here's what I did, hopefully this can help you Michelle, at least for future subjects. I didn't need to change my acquisition, it works ok with what we're already doing.

Scans:
1) high-res MPRAGE T1 anatomical, 1mm isotropic, sagital acquisition. This scan is called anat+orig. Acq time 6min with 8-chan coil, ASSET parallel imaging.

2) FSE T2 - 38 slices, 3.8mm thick, .438mmX.438mm inplane res, axial oblique slices, aligned to AC-PC line (as seen on the previous scan - that's why I acquire it sagital). Acq time: about 1min30sec. I do this scan right after the previous anatomical. So there is very little movement between them, and coregistration is not necessary.

Then, after importing the scans into afni:

3dSkullStrip -prefix strip_fset2 -input fset2+orig
(strips the fset2 image, which usually works well even in stroke brains).

3dWarp -oblique2card -gridset anat+orig -prefix cardstrip_fset2 strip_fset2+orig
(regrids the oblique fset2 image to the spacing of the T1)

3dcalc - a cardstrip_fset2+orig -b anat+orig -prefix stripanat -expr 'step(a)*b'

The result is a T1 anatomical pretty nicely stripped. There tends to be some eyeball left, and a wee bit of dura, but it's much much better than trying to strip the T1 directly.

-Jed
Subject Author Posted

3dSkullStrip for stroke brains

Michelle Benjamin April 23, 2008 08:36AM

Re: 3dSkullStrip for stroke brains

ziad April 23, 2008 10:05AM

ziad May 01, 2008 01:26PM

bob cox May 01, 2008 02:01PM

Jed Meltzer May 02, 2008 11:12AM