AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 01, 2008 10:21AM
I'm a postdoc with Peter Bandettini and we're working with Dr. David Kennedy from MGH, who is the director of the Neuroinformatic Tools and Resources Clearninghouse (NITRC) to assess the usefulness of specialized research discussion groups that don't necessarily focus on a particular modality or software package.
We created at group at:
[www.nitrc.org]

This particular group will focus on the methodology and applications of task independent fluctuation measures including: connectivity maps of fMRI resting state scans, research using EEG/MEG/PET etc, methods to remove non-neural fluctuations, and applications to clinical populations.

The goal is to make this resource for users who want to study this topic and for those who want to be able to directly compare the methods used by different groups. The wiki contains some information including a list of references and a data analysis stream. The forum will hopefully be a place for discussion. Scripts and small programs can also be shared through this group.

We are trying to determine what is or is not useful or practical regarding this webpage clearinghouse approach. If you have opinions, please post them on the forum or email me directly. If you're going to be at ISMRM and want to talk in person, email me or comment at: [www.nitrc.org]
Our initial experience with this will be described at the upcoming OHBM meeting during a workshop organized by David Kennedy.

Thanks very much,

Dan Handwerker
handwerkerd@mail.nih.gov
[fim.nimh.nih.gov]

Subject Author Posted

task-independent connectivity discussion group

Daniel Handwerker May 01, 2008 10:21AM