AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 28, 2008 07:00PM
Hi Folks,

I did the following with my raw EPI data: B0 correction (unwarping) program that includes a step to mask out non-brain voxels and results in a NIFTI file, 3dTshift on that output, then 3dvolreg on that output. The images that went into 3dvolreg were non-zero within the confines of the brain and completely zero outside the brain. After 3dvolreg, there are non-zero voxels in a checkerboard pattern outside the brain in a pattern that varies from time point to time point and is there at every time point except the one that I used as the base image. I'm baffled as to how motion correction could lead to non-zero values in places far from the head when the input file was completely zero outside the head. Thoughts? I'm happy to upload example files if that would help.

Lisa
Subject Author Posted

Strange values after 3dvolreg

Lisa Eyler July 28, 2008 07:00PM

Re: Strange values after 3dvolreg

rick reynolds July 28, 2008 07:51PM