AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 31, 2008 08:54AM
Hello,
I am new to AFNI (in fact, I am using this week to try to see if I want to switch my lab from SPM to AFNI in the Fall). For the most part, I think that I have preprocessing working, except that I am hitting one nasty problem.

Half way through scanning, one of our participants asked to be pulled out of the scanner to adjust the headphones, and then went right back into the scanner to complete the task. We then altered the oblique angle to best match what we had for the earlier sessions. It was ~19degrees for the early and ~22degrees for the later.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to use these data together in AFNI. The raw data have the same image dimensions (64x64x33) but after I run 3dWarp or if I skip that and just try to combine later, I get errors that the data are in different meshes.

Using 3dinfo, I can see why. The earlier mesh is 64x73x55 voxels following the deoblique stage, and the later mesh is 64x74x58.

I was wondering if there was a way to get these images into the same mesh. A lot of space around the images is air, so I figured that we may be able to crop some slices. Or, perhaps add some zeros to pad the images (and make a common mesh with 64x74x58 voxels).

Any suggestions for a novice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Wil
Subject Author Posted

Different Image Dimensions

William Cunningham July 31, 2008 08:54AM

Re: Different Image Dimensions

rick reynolds July 31, 2008 09:15AM