AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 05, 2008 02:20PM
Hi
I am having problems reconstructing oblique orientation Siemens Mosaic DICOM EPI datasets generated with the Siemens Magnetom Trio scanner. The to3d program crashes with both the gcc32 and glibc22 binaries.
The command I am using is as follows:
" to3d -assume_dicom_mosaic -epan -time:zt 46 82 3000.000000ms alt+z2 -prefix EPI.unreg -session ../afnifiles/ 00000005.SER/I00000*"

The following error message is recieved:
"Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received
Fill_obl_info
mri_read_dicom
mri_read_file
T3D_read_images
to3d:main
Bottom of Debug Stack
** AFNI version = AFNI_2008_07_18_1710 Compile date = Jul 18 2008
** Program Abort **"

This problem started to occur after July 18th. The "afni_history" command states that some modifications were done to the code to recon Siemens Mosaics. Before July 18 we had no problems reconstructing Siemens Mosaics with to3d. After that the glibc22 binaries' to3d crashes on all Siemens Mosaic Dicom datasets and gcc32 binaries crash on oblique (in this case double-oblique) orientation Siemens Mosaic EPI datasets.
I have uploaded the Dicom files in the "gopi.tgz" file by clicking the 'Upload Data" button in the AFNI webpage sidebar. Can you help sort this out.
Thanx
:)

Subject Author Posted

Problems with to3d

Gopi August 05, 2008 02:20PM

Re: Problems with to3d

rick reynolds August 05, 2008 03:59PM

rick reynolds August 05, 2008 05:05PM

Gopi August 05, 2008 11:54PM