AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 10, 2008 03:31PM
Thanks for your quick reply, Daniel. I appreciate any insight you have, especially if you discover something when looking into the 3dTshift on the child epis, if that is indeed the stage at which the script failed.

I wanted to clarify that of course I understand the difference between -anat2epi and -epi2anat. My point was that for my data, using -anat2epi will generate *only* the spatially transformed anat file, and no epi files at all. This surely isn't intended, because then there would be little point to performing slice-time and motion correction on every epi, or even to having a -child_epi option available. I did request talairach transformation of the epi files with the -tlrc_apar option, yet this transformation is never performed. I'm presuming that there should be some sort of epi output as +tlrc files, and there isn't (not even as temp files.)

Also, there doesn't seem to be any -save_volreg option in the version I have, which was installed just last week (version 1.10). There's a -save_vr option though. Even so, it's never mentioned in any examples or in the usage statement, so I assume it's a relatively little-used option and not strictly necessary for the purpose of saving talairached output per se. Thanks for pointing it out, though, because it would indeed sometimes be nice to have both versions of the epi output in any case (preprocessed, both with and without the tlrc transformation.)

Thanks for any further help you can give,
Leigh
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat.py problem

Leigh Nystrom October 09, 2008 07:47PM

Re: align_epi_anat.py problem

Daniel Glen October 10, 2008 10:08AM

Leigh Nystrom October 10, 2008 03:31PM

Daniel Glen October 10, 2008 04:52PM