AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 10, 2008 11:54AM
Hi guys,

I did an ANOVA with GroupAna and found a nice significant cluster showing a Group ME. I created a mask which looks nice and noted the Olay cluster # for my planned extraction. I used the mask to extract with 3dmaskave this cluster from each subject's GLM outputs (normalized same as ANOVA results). However, when I generate the average 1d files for each subject and throw the numbers into an outside stats program, the group difference is nowhere close to significant, even though the p-value from the AFNI GUI shows a sig cluster at p=.0049.

I double checked my subbriks that went into GroupAna and the ones in my individual subject data. I double checked the contrasts that I set up in GroupAna.

Maybe there is still something I haven't checked? I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks much,
Desmond
Subject Author Posted

GroupAna 3dmaskave discrepancy

Desmond Oathes November 10, 2008 11:54AM

Re: GroupAna 3dmaskave discrepancy

Gang Chen November 12, 2008 10:50AM