AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 30, 2008 04:45PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding 3dundump that's been nagging at me for awhile, and I couldn't seem to find the answer for myself.

Specifically, when providing an input file to 3dUndump (in my case various voxel-wise parameters from my analysis), some of the values are NaN (from MatLab). How does 3dundump handle 'NaN' as an input value? Does it treat this as no value being specified for the voxel, defaulting to 'dval'? Or does it just exclude that particular voxel value from any subsequent calculations (such as 3dANOVA, ttest, etc)?

The other issue is that I have multiple tlrc'ed datasets, and some contain voxels (with undumped values) in tlrc space that others do not. When I go about doing ANOVA, I suppose I should restrict the ANOVA dataset to only those voxels contained in all the datasets. Otherwise, you have some missing voxels assigned a value of say 0 through 'fval'.

However it seems the best thing would be to specify 'NaN' as a value in order to omit that particular value from any statistical analysis, as opposed to having to assign a value of say 0 with -dval or -fval which would mess up the statistics. I tried using NaN as a value for -fval and -dval once and I remember it not working, so I'm just wondering if anything like this is possible.

I hope that made some sense.. if not, let me know.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

John
Subject Author Posted

A question on 3dundump

John Sheppard December 30, 2008 04:45PM

Re: A question on 3dundump

rick reynolds December 31, 2008 09:21AM

Bob Cox December 31, 2008 09:39AM

John Sheppard January 10, 2009 11:05AM