AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 07, 2009 01:40PM
Hi all!
I'm sure I am missing something really basic here but I have racked my brains and cannot come up with the problem.
I am trying to run 3dROIstats using a mask of some ROIs that I extracted from my data on some mean irf files. I have done this type of analysis many times with no problem but this time I keep getting the message:

"Error: cannot deal with float-valued mask dataset
(consider the -mask_f2short option)"

What I did was I used 3dTstat to get the mean of the irfs that were generated by my deconvolve script and I warped these means into talairach space. Then I ran a t-test versus 0 on all my subjects and thresholded and clust_ordered the data which resulted in a map with a number of ordered ROIs (an intensity map [fim]). I then tried to use this clustordered map as a mask to overlay on my original mean irf maps in each subject.

Is there something I am missing here? I have tried to run 3dROIstats on another similar map that I made a few months ago and the program is working fine with that. I also double-checked the clustordered maps to check that I have a whole-number digit representing each cluster, which is the case and I have also check that my mean irf original files contain one number per voxel representing the mean, which they do.

Here is my 3dROIstats command:
3dROIstats -mask clstrd.ROIs+tlrc *.mean.irf+tlrc.HEAD > ROIs

Thank you!
Catherine

Subject Author Posted

3dROIstats float-valued mask error message

Catherine Fassbender January 07, 2009 01:40PM

Re: 3dROIstats float-valued mask error message

Daniel Glen January 07, 2009 03:12PM

Re: 3dROIstats float-valued mask error message

Catherine Fassbender January 07, 2009 05:03PM