AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2009 04:02PM
We are trying to create some refined ROIs for further analyses. The regions of interest do not map on very well to the ready-made masks in the afni plug-ins. I know one solution is to draw the ROIs yourself, but we were hoping to use something more standardized. I had 2 questions in this regard:

1) Is it possible to download additional anat ROI libraries (e.g., Pick Atlas) that would work in the plugin? For example, entering the whereami command yields output from a number of atlases. Can these be made available in the plug-ins/drawdataset function to draw alternative ROIs?

2) Related to that, I am trying to use an anatomical mask derived from pickatlas and import it into something that I can use with Afni. I used the 3dcopy command, but I am having all kinds of trouble when I try to treat it as I would an anatomical mask or functional mask generated through the usual route (drawdataset or a functional ROI using 3dmerge).

I've attached some sample ROIs. The command I'm using is:

3dcopy l_amyg_1_aal.hdr pickroi_lamyg1_aal

I will try to upload the Analyze files separately (.hdr and .img).

I end up with a file that is not visible when paired with an anat file or appears in the wrong orientation (flipped L-R or Anterior-posterior depending on the workstation).

Is there a simple way to interface Analyze format masks for use with afni?

Thanks so much,
Derek.

Subject Author Posted

anat masks

derek February 15, 2009 04:02PM

Re: anat masks

Ziad February 15, 2009 09:00PM

Re: anat masks

derek February 19, 2009 05:49PM