AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 20, 2009 07:57AM
Good morning

I was hoping to ask a couple of questions about using RSFgen, waver and 3ddeconvolve with the -nodata option in order to choose optimal stimulus sequences.

I am planning on running an experiment using a fast event related paradigm with 5 experimental conditions and 1 baseline condition. (the number of trials for all of the 5 conditions is equivalent to the number of baseline trials).
I am hoping to have 4 separate runs, containing an equal number of trials for each of my conditions.

My questions are as follows:

should i create 1D files for each of my runs individually or for my experiment as a whole? and what would be differences between the two options?

In running waver the AFNI how-to file suggests using a -dt 1. However, 1 would not be the value i would use running waver on my actual experimental 1d files as i am going to use a 3s TR. what is the impact of different -dt values to figure out optimal stimulus sequences and does it have to match the subsequent usage (meaning the actual analysis)?

i am sorry if the questions seem to basic but i cannot figure it ou from the help files alone

thanks
giulia

Subject Author Posted

optimal stimulus sequences

giulia righi February 20, 2009 07:57AM

Re: optimal stimulus sequences

rick reynolds February 20, 2009 09:55PM