AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 02, 2009 12:28PM
Hi,

I am using 3dNLfim to do non-linear fitting to the impulse response function (IRF) data calculated using 3dDeconvolve. The IRF looks as one would expect in the areas of activation, such as early visual cortex.

The command is

3dNLfim -input input_AA1+orig -ignore 0 -noise Constant -signal GammaVar -nconstr 0 -1000.0 1000.0 -sconstr 0 0 2 -sconstr 1 -1000.0 1000.0 -sconstr 2 8 9 -sconstr 3 0.15 0.45 -nrand 500 -nbest 10 -fdisp 10 -rmsmin 1.0 -bucket 0 NLfit_out

I also tried it with (removing constraints on parameters)

3dNLfim -input input_AA1+orig -ignore 0 -noise Constant -signal GammaVar -nrand 500 -nbest 10 -fdisp 10 -rmsmin 1.0 -bucket 0 NLfit_out

The first parameters (out of the 5) is a small negative value between 0 and -1.
The other parameters of theGamma fit is that it is ZERO for all the voxels in the entire brain except for various areas (perhaps at most 50 voxels) where vascular effects would dominate the BOLD signal.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem? I checked the input in to the 3dNLfim command and the data looks like a typical IRF (used a TENT function in the 3dDeconvolve command).

Cheers,
Arun

Subject Author Posted

3dNLfim problem

Arun March 02, 2009 12:28PM

Re: 3dNLfim problem

rick reynolds March 02, 2009 04:53PM

Re: 3dNLfim problem

Bob Cox March 03, 2009 08:40AM